Monday, 18 December 2006

Another year older and wiser........

Surprisingly, I did not launch into a major argument with him yesterday...why is that so? Well, we were talking about settling a credit card bill and he wanted me to transfer money to him. As usual, i did not want to so he just flew off the handle and said that it's just so diffcult to get money from me. After he said that, I quietly told him that i was waiting for my bonus to come in next mth and will use them to clear the bill. And also since this is my debt, i have to be responsible for it and not rely on other people to help me clear the mess that I got myself into. After saying that, he agreed and said that this is the top most priority thing and it hv to be settled as soon as possible. So on the way back, I told him that I'm amazed at myself for not flaring up at him, which I normally do when it comes to finances. Why do I do that? Well, I feel that since I earn my own money, he have no right to tell me what to do with it. Even thought we are married, I still feel that he should be the one providing for the family as he is the man of the house. Unless we do not have any kids, then that's a different story. But now, we have princess and I feel that it's not fair of me to pay for everything when he is earning more than me. So by next year, he would have to pay all the expenses in the house and I will not be paying a single cent unless necessary.

No comments: