Tuesday, 3 February 2009

This morning.......

This morning, while I was taking the bus to work, I came across a small incident. A working mom was bringing her son, who is about Ash's age to school. When the bus came, they boarded the bus but the boy wanted the mom to go to the upper deck. The mom refused. It was morning peak hour rush, so you can imagine the bus is crowded with people NOT moving to the back. Anyway, so after the mom refused, the boy started to throw a tanturm. It was a big one, with screaming and yelling and he kept on wanting to go to the upper deck. But the mom stood firm. Not only did she ignore his tantrum, she also ignored the other passengers' stares and looks. I know how she feel 'cause Ash will just throw a tantrum when she feels like it and I will really feel like strangling her.....It went on for almost 10 minutes before they got off. Once they got off, I saw the mom scolding the son.

Then that's when I realised that it's not easy being a mother when your kid just throw a tantrum and at the same time, embrassing you. I admire the mom for standing firm by ignoring her son's tantrums. 'Cause not all parents will ignore the child's outburst. Some of them will just shout at kid in public, therefore drawing attention to themselves. I guess each parent have their own way of dealing with their child's tantrums but the best way is just ignore them and when the child realise that no one is paying attention to them, they will have to stop somehow.....

No comments: