Thursday, 19 February 2009

My recent dish....

Bought lots and lots of potatoes last weekend so decided to make a simple shepherd's pie. Mind you, it's been a while since I have last used the oven to bake anything coz the oven is on the verge of breaking down. So I thought why not make a pie, then at least princess can have it for lunch. So on Sunday morning, got up, cleaned the house and proceeded to make the pie. It was quite fast thanks to the handy potato masher from IKEA. Added lots of milk and butter to the mashed potatoes...yummy!! So after frying the meat and veggies, I added it into a nice big bowl and put the potatoes on top of it. Sadly, I forgot to buy mozerella cheese for it would be nice having a cheesy mashed potato pie :). Then, once that is done, I put in the oven and let it bake for about 20 mins. But as my oven is a bit weird, I added in another 10 mins to be on the safe side.

30 mins later:



Voila!! My first pie for the year. And hopefully not my last. :)

No comments: