Saturday, 21 February 2009

Cancelled dinner

Dinner was canceled today as my MIL was hospitalised. I did not get the news until I was having lunch with my parents and Ashley. So after lunch, I asked my dad to drop me off @ TTSH. Upon arriving there, I saw my youngest brother in law and he told me that my husband was in there waiting for the doctor to check on my MIL. Then about 1/2 hrs later, my eldest SIL came and took over. From there, I knew what happen.

My MIL was not feeling well for the past 2 days and she just self medicated. But this morning, when she was at home, she just felt that she can't breathe and was about to pass out. Lucky that my SIL's maid was with her so my MIL ask her to call my SIL, who in turn call the ambulance and also tried to contact my other BIL and my youngest SIL.

Then at the hospital, the doctor came and gave a bad news. She have fatty liver (liver cirrhosis), kidney problem, heart problem, a suspected ucler that is might be th cause of the bleeding and very low blood count. He also told her that if she continue to drink, she might just drink herself to the grave. Naturally, my husband also told her that it's about time she have to listen to the doctor if not, she will hv to be admitted very often. Yes, it was bad of him to scare the old lady, but when faced with a stubborn mom, it's not easy coz to the elderly people, admitting to the hospital only means one thing - death. So I guess it kinda sink into her that this time her condition is very serious.

I do hope that everything goes well, as it's quite tiring for the whole family. I should know because it was almost 10 years ago that my dad had colon cancer and it was a really horrifying experience for my family. Imagine, rushing to the hospital after work to spend time with my dad and also worrying that would he recover. But thank god, he has fully recovered and now he is enjoying himself. He says that he is living on bonus time from the Lord and he is thankful that each day he gets to see his family. I

So now, all I can do is just to pray and hope that my MIL would recover soon.

No comments: