Thursday, 8 May 2008

World Youth Day

Ok, technically speaking I'm not a youth anymore but hey, how do you define youth? :) Anyway, World Youth Day is celebrated annually on the diocesan level, and every two or three years internationally with young people from every continent and nation gathering together with the pope. It is characterized by the happiness of young adults being with the Pope and with each other. The next international celebration is in Sydney, Australia, for the XXIII World Youth Day in July 2008. I have heard about it and wanted to go but due to finance commitment, I can't. And now that I'm married, I'm not even sure if I can go a not. But the thing is, no matter what happen, as long as your faith in the Lord is strong, there will be a way to go. And this is really a once in a lifetime opportunity. So I guess I have to pray real hard and try to make this dream a reality.

No comments: