Wednesday, 26 September 2007

Funerals and getai.......

I was so pissed of yesterday night that I've called the neighborhood police post to complain!!!! Yup, that's becoz of a getai that was taking place. You see, there was a funeral and normally, depending on what race is the deceased. In this case, the deceased is a chinese and his relatives are holding it under the void deck. So I'm quite ok with the prayers, chanting & what else is is required in a funeral but not a getai!!! Apparently, dunno which smart ass relatives of his decided to have some entertainment and engage a singer to sing. It went on till quite late at night and I couldn't take it any longer!!! If it's on a weekend night, fine, I will just bear with it but not on a weekday night!!!!! So I got so cheesed off that I asked the operator for the telephone number of the police post and called them. When the line got thru, I told them that it was quite late and why are they allowed the getai to continue?? It seems that I was not the only one who is complaining. There are several other people who called and made the same complaint!!! The policewoman said that they will send their officers down to investigate. Then about 10 mins later, it was peace and quiet. At last, it had finally stopped and I managed to get a good night's rest.

I have nothing against getai but I do wish that they would spare some consideration to the residents on a weeknight. It can be very noisy and irritating when you are watching TV or trying to get a good sleep and how would they like it if someone is singing very loudly just beside them????

No comments: