Friday, 7 September 2007

T.G.I.F.....

It's finally Friday!!!!! And it's halfway thru the working day. Man, I'm looking forward to this for quite a while as we are going to Aloha Chalet after work!!! Yup, me, hubby, princess and the rest of the my family kampung will be there from today till Sunday. So there will be lots of talking, screaming kids and laughing adults. Sigh, I just love family gatherings, when my nearest and dearest and all gathered. It's better to cherish family members when they are alive than dead...Take last week for instance. It was during a lunch time when my dad called me and told me that my grandpa was hospitalised. I was so shocked that I immediately called my brothers and we decided to meet after work at the hospital. When we arrived there, grandpa was resting on the bed but he looked so tired. After chatting with him for a while, we realised that he did not take his blood pressure medication, thus landing himself in the hospital. Sigh, he can be quite stubborn sometimes. Then it was time for us to go. So Mel drove us back and we chatted along the way. I realised that it's times like this that I miss my brothers so much. Ever since I've gotten married and moved out of my parents' place to my own place, we seldom catch up already, other than meeting them on Sunday for family dinner. Yes, my 2 brothers are really a pain in the butt, but I still love them the same....So tomorrow, when the BBQ starts, I will be going round taking lots and lots of pictures of everyone.

Just now, when I went to the library to return my books, I drop by this place called Food for Thought. It's a quaint lil cafe, with good food. I've ordered the Basil Pesto Chicken Sandwich and yummy!!! There are just so many things to eat, so I have decided to go there with my god-bro, whom I meeting for lunch next week. It's just so nice...pictures of the sandwich below:-



Their take-away bag...isn't it simple??






Introducing......my lunch.....Basil Pesto Chicken!!!!YUMMMMMY!!!!!

If you guys want to know where is the acfe, it's at North Bridge Centre. You can go to there website, www.foodforthought.com to find out more.

No comments: