Friday, 13 July 2007

Sad news........

This afternoon, I have just received a piece of sad news. My grand uncle have passed away. He's a good man, who never fails to cook wanton noodles for us whenever we visit him in Seremban, Malaysia. I still remember when I was younger, I always go into the noodle making room to watch him make the wanton noodles. Then, I can still remember him scooping out at least 30 cups of flours, crack 2 dozen eggs and mix. It was quite fun, watching him mix the flour and egg together to form dough and after that, it goes into the noodle making machine. The remaining dough will be put aside, then he starts the process all over again. This time, he adds in the remaining dough and this new dough will be used to make wanton skin. Their shop is my brothers and I's playground, which we pretend to be selling the noodles. When it's time to open shop, we will help to wipe the tables, put the chairs, arrange the chopsticks and spoons and wait for customer to come. After the customer have eaten, we will clear and wipe the table. It was quite fun then, as life was so simple.

Recently, I went back to Seremban and was very saddened to see him. He has grown so old and he can't even remember who I am. My heart really goes out to him as he is another grandfather, whom I love so much. He was stricken with Alzehimer's and it was so heart wrentching to see him being reduced to this state. Just now, Mom told me that he died in his sleep. It was a peaceful and painless way to go. Although I can't go to the funeral tomorrow, I will say a prayer for his soul.

No comments: