Monday, 19 February 2007

1st day of CNY.....

Today is the first day of Chinese New Year and it was so tiring...Went to church in the morning with parents and after that to grandpa's place. But on the way there, Marc called Mel and found out that mom had forgotten to turn off the fire while reheating the curry, so the whole place was so smoky that he had to open all the windows to air the place. Lucky he was at home if not, the whole place would be burnt down. So the lesson is never rush an old lady, for she may forget to turn off the fire and the whole house will be burnt down. After reaching grandpa's place, we had a small meal. Honestly, her cooking sucks to the core and I didn't really eat much. Then it was off to Yipor's place for lunch. Now she is a good cook that every year I just look forward to her cooking. Then after a heavy lunch, rested for a while before heading down to Joo Chiat Terrace. That's where hubby's grandpa's popiah store is. For those who wants to get popiah skin, go down to 95 Joo Chiat Place. They sell handmade popiah skin and it's quite famous for those who stay at the East. I also found out that hubby's grandma is a Nonya. So he has peranakan blood in him, which makes him a half baba. That means my princess is 1/5 bibik. Why 1/5 u ask? Well, she has hokkien, hakka, shanghainese, cantonese and peranakan blood in her. But I guess it would be more as I suspect on my mom's side of the family, there is a hint of eurasian relations....but if I really want to find out, then I would have to start digging up my family tree. So after that, my bro-in-law brought us to Upper Thomson road for prata @ Casurina Curry...

So basically, it's been a really busy day...tomorrow would be worse as in the morning, we will be going down to Clementi. Then after that, I need to call my mom to see if she is going to Ang Mo Kio, as grandaunt's is staying there. So we might head there after lunch..which means another round of rushing...sigh....

No comments: