Monday, 30 March 2009

Made up my mind.....

I have made up my mind. About what? Well, initially, I wanted to have another kid this year, but after an argument with my mom last Friday, I think it just kinda sealed my decision. This year would probably be the last year that I can enjoy myself and spend more time with Ashley because from next year onwards, I guess I will probably be expecting a baby. At first, the plan was to have another kid this year, give birth next year, put the baby in infantcare for a few months before I officially "retire" and take a new job - SAHM. But after that argument with my mom and talking with my best friend, I realise that nothing is more satisfying than looking after your own child by yourself. My mind being made up, I told hubby about it. At first, he was a bit hesitant but after I told him the reasons, he supported my decision wholeheartedly.

It's really not easy being a working mom but the things that I have missed out when Ashley was growing up in infantcare really pains my heart....I missed her first step, her first words, most of her first but I have to say that she have grown up to be a confident, boisterous child. Yes, she is very independent but somehow I feel so guilty for putting her in the childcare for the 1st 6 years of her life. So now that I'm really planning for a 2nd one, I guess career can take a backseat first as my children is the main priority in my life now. Hopefully, when they look back at their growing years, they can proudly say that they have a wonderful childhood as I was with them during their growing up years....

No comments: