Thursday, 17 April 2008

It's all coming back......

Today is the last day of my ABACUS course. For those who do not know what is ABACUS, well, it's a GDS (Global Distribution System) that travel agents use to make flight booking and see if the airlines have any seats to sell. So after 3 days of attending this basic course, today is the written test. The funny thing is, I thought I would have lost all my commands as it has been four years since I have left the travel industry and there were alot of changes. So after sitting thru the course, I realised that I have not lost my touch at all. My grey matters just need a lil nudge and everything use unlocked. Needless to say, I finished the paper quite quickly and even my coursemates say that I should not even be attending this course as they saw how quickly I completed the revision sheets and the practical booking. But I told them that this is a refresher course for me as there are bound to be some changes. Indeed, there were changes, but it's not that major. So tomorrow, it would be back to work and I will be tested by my boss and my supervisor cum good fren, M. We'll see how it goes and whether I can pass their test.

No comments: